baseball beer beer week chef geoff's DC beer week nationals pt beer beer beer beer resturant week wa drink wa food
And They Said Nothing Fun Happens In August
- Thursday, August 20: Womenfolk don’t like baseball, so to lure them to a game, the Nats are hosting a women-friendly pre-game tomorrow night. Recognizing that ladies may be frightened by this unnatural habitat, the Nats are offering things only women love: massages and manicures. And because all women love to shop, jewelry, handbags, cosmetics and more will be offered for sale, to women. Will women stay for game? Or will they be overwhelmed by their perfect nails and new handbags and leave before the, uh, "kickoff"?
- Saturday, August 22: There was a time when going to the beach meant going to the beach. In today's modern soulless age, however, it means going to Chef Geoff's downtown. On Saturday from 1PM-5PM they are transforming their restaurant into a "beach" and offering music, unlimited margaritas and beer, and a Caribbean-themed buffet with jerk spiced chicken, sausages, beef and rice for $20. At least you wont end up with sand in random places.
- Restaurant Week x2: You've got DC restaurant week from Monday, August 24 through Sunday, August 30, but RESTON, possibly the best city in Virginia, miraculously has enough restaurants to host a Restaurant Week of its own, today through Saturday, August 22. And you thought you'd never have so many opportunities to eat fancy food for cheap.
- DC Beer Week: The best Beer Week events that you should check out include: tours of the brewery at the District Chop House, as well as half-price beers there from 3PM-7PM today; 25% off all Belgian and Belgian-style bottled beers at the Capitol Lounge (also today); a bunch of beer specials and tastings at Asylum on Thursday and Friday, and, on Friday, beer specials at R.F.D. until 8PM; and discounted tickets for certain sections at the Nats game to anyone who mentions DC Beer Week.
- New Food: Two new moderately interesting places opened last week. You've got Midtown Loft, an entertainment parlor attempting to be classy when it's really just a dive. It offers a games night, a ladies night, live music, and a 'buy one drink, get one free' night. You've also got Mid City Caffé above Miss Pixie's on 14th that sells coffee and pastries, has retro decor and offers free wifi. More coffee shops on 14th -- urban renewal at its best!