Area Of Upscale Things Now Has More Upscale Things
Chevy Chase was at one time an area where the average wealthy and powerful lived, and where malls had special names like "Pavilions." But now, with the addition of the Shops at Wisconsin Plaza, it has become officially beyond aristocratic. Good news for the rest of us: unlike Georgetown, it's Metro accessible, so the riff raff of the District are welcome to indulge in all its shops and restaurants.
Here's all the fun and fancy thing you can do in Chevy Chase:
- The Shops at Wisconsin Plaza: This is a conglomerate of high-end shops that just opened in Chevy Chase. It is home to a BCBG, Cole Hann, Giggle, Sephora, White House/Black Market and other fancy retail chains.
- Mazza Gallerie: This tower of wealth contains a Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue Men's Store. And they somehow managed to sneak in a McDonalds and a Filene's Basement, for the peasants.
- Chevy Chase Pavilion: Right above the Friendship Heights Metro, the Pavilion hosts a Pottery Barn, J. Crew, Ann Taylor Loft, World Market, and perhaps the most upscale store of all: CVS.
- The Collection at Chevy Chase: The most fancy of all the shopping centers in the area, the Collection is home to a Barneys Co-OP, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, and Tiffany & Co.
- Booeymonger/ Fro-Yo: Booeymonger is one of the best sandwich shops in DC, and it's even now that with a do-it yourself fro-yo place attached to it.
- Rock Creek: This is a delicious, fine dining, super healthy "all-natural" restaurant located in the Mazza Gallerie.
- Maggiano's Little Italy: It may be a chain, but it serves damn good Italian food.
- Whole Foods Market: And no upscale area is complete without an upscale market. Whole Foods and its organic goodness will soon grace the area as well.