burger joint cereal bars chipotle columbia heights logan circle pt food/booze news! The Cereal Bowl wa drink wa food
Cereal, Wine, Burritos and Excuses To Indulge
- Thursday, December 10: The Washington Post may be shutting down bureaus and upping its price (ha ha, it's dying), BUT it's still hosting happy hours. The Post's Gurus host their monthly Going Out Guide Happy Hour tomorrow from 6PM-8PM at Buffalo Billiards, and Santa will even be making a guest appearance. [Going Out Guide Happy Hour]
- Saturday, December 12: What would the holidays be like without an ugly sweater-themed party? Lindy Promotions is hosting their 3rd Annual "Miracle on 3rd & 4th Street" Ugly Holiday Sweater Bar Tour Saturday in Capitol Hill. Cost is $5. [Miracle on 3rd and 4th Street]
- Sunday, December 13: In an effort to lure people downtown on the weekend, Ella's Wood Fired Pizza is offering half-off any bottle of wine Sundays in December. [Ella's Wood Fired Pizza]
- Helpful Food: You can do good this holiday season just by eating meat: when you buy a burger from The Burger Joint, a burger gets donated to the DC Central Kitchen. A satisfying way to help feed the hungry and homeless in DC. [The Burger Joint]
- Food to Look Forward To: Don't worry, Columbia Heights isn't losing its roots at all -- it's now home to a Chipotle! In pizza news, HomeMade Pizza Co. (a genius concept where you buy a pizza from a restaurant but cook it at home) is slated to open in Logan Circle early next year. And, The Cereal Bowl, a unique breakfast shop that serves hot and cold cereal with toppings of your choice, is opening soon in Cleveland Park.