bob ney booze earmarks fda george w. bush jack abramoff john mccain pork poverty saddam hussein torture war on terror
Daily Briefing: Have You Seen Dignity?
- Maverick McCain and his merry band of outlaws reject Bush's, "alternative interrogation strategies" legislation, approve their own. [WP, NYT, LAT, USAT]
- Both houses of Congress shelve large ethics bills; do agree to write their name next to kickback payments, er, earmarks. [WP, NYT]
- Congressman Bob Ney will plead guilty to "Abramoff stuff," but it's not his fault -- the booze made him do it. [WP, NYT]
- Judge in Saddam Hussein trial tells him, "You were not a dictator." [CNN, LAT]
- World Bank releases list of countries not to visit on vacation this year. [WP]
- FDA goes against Popeye and your parents, issues warning about eating spinach. [WP]