Daily Briefing: If You Can't Trust the CIA...
- President Bush happily signs so-called "torture bill" into law, calling it, "a way to deliver justice to the terrorists we have captured." John McCain notably absent from signing ceremony. [WP, NYT, LAT, USAT]
- First-in-a-decade revision of outer space policy "is not about developing or deploying weapons in space. Period." So, expect giant lasers and/or death rays up there any minute. [WP]
- Former House clerk and crucial Foley case link Jeff Trandahl is a total boyscout, neckerchiefs and all. Loved to bust pages under his supervision for smoking the chron. [NYT]
- Duke Cunningham's corruption has a number: $70 million in contracts steered towards his kick-back buddies. [WP, NYT]
- Jim Webb, proud redneck. [WP]
- Hanging out with genocidal war-profiteers in rogue nations is a normal weekend for Curt Weldon. [WP]
- Government denies pension benefit to the partner of Gerry Studds, the first openly gay member of congress. [WP]