campaign finance condoleezza rice daily briefing eavesdropping george w. bush hamid karzai rush limbaugh scotus supreme court surveillance vermont viagra
Daily Briefing: On the Rise?
- Polling shows an increase in support for President Bush, as well as a sharp divide in public opinion over setting a deadline for Iraq withdrawal. [WP]
- Bush condemns the media's disclosure of the Administration's secret bank-records surveillance program, calling it "disgraceful." [WP; NYT]
- A deeply divided Supreme Court strikes down Vermont's restrictions on campaign contributions and campaign spending by candidates. [NYT; LAT; WP]
- Condoleezza Rice defends Afghan President Hamid Karzai, denying reports that his foreign and Afghan support is eroding. [WP]
- Rush Limbaugh is detained for over three hours at a Florida airport, after being found in possession of a bottle of Viagra without a prescription. [AP]