Daily Briefing: 'Placidity and Collegiality'
* Attention focuses on the future of Rove, Card; outside names are floated as possible additions to the White House senior staff. [NYT]
* Supreme Court clarifies police powers to enter private homes; both partners must agree to search unless warrant is presented. The case shows "the strains behind the surface placidity and collegiality of the young Roberts court." [WP, NYT, USAT]
* Iraq war veteran edges out victory in Cook County, Illinois congressional race; results delayed due to problems with electronic voting machines. [WP]
* Former Rep. Randy Cunningham's bribed goods will be auctioned today. [WP]
* Democratic comeback strategies hit the bookshelves. [WSJ]