Daily Briefing: 'So Harry-centric'
* Bush asked Cheney to speak publicly about the shooting on Wednesday; Mary Matalin describes Cheney's mood as "so Harry-centric." [NYT]
* Top Pentagon lawyer repeatedly questioned the ethics and legality of interrogation tactics used on detainees. [NYT]
* Lawmakers criticize Arab firm's takeover of six U.S. ports; security procedures are the main concern. [WT]
* Joint Chiefs of Staff outline plan for the "long war" against terror. [WT]
* DLC founder and chief executive Al From says Democrats must be strong on national security to win in November. [WT]