Daily Briefing: 'The Source of Ever-Swelling Myth'
• Bush receives bills to sign as lawmakers leave town. [WSJ]
• 50% have unfavorable view of Bush in Gallup Poll. [USAT]
• DLC would prefer that Hillary take on the left. Brownstein: "If Clinton succeeds [at unifying the party], she will consolidate her position as the Democratic frontrunner for 2008. But if she fails, she risks damaging her stature on both sides of the party's divide." [LAT]
• Santorum challenges Hillary to a debate on family values after describing her views as "radical." [WT]
• Roberts played an active role in the creation and presentation of the Reagan administration's positions on civil rights [WP]
• Roberts' opinions about capital punishment are largely unknown. [WP]
• Influence of the Federalist Society "is the source of ever-swelling myth, mystery, insinuation, denial and debate." [NYT]