Daily Briefing: What Will Be Called "Bushesque"
- President marks September 11th anniversary with visits to all three crash sites, as do victims' families, emergency response workers, and conspiracy theorists. [WP, NYT]
- In prime-time speech last night from the White House, President says, "the safety of America depends on the outcome of the battle in the streets of Baghdad." [WP, NYT]
- The big papers analyze the speech and context in which it was given, find him to be both at his "Reaganesque best" and "most dangerous." [WP, NYT]
- Condoleezza Rice offers Iran, "a suspension for suspension," no more uranium enrichment for no more UN sanctions. [NYT]
- New study finds Americans' have "four distinct views of God's personality." [USAT]
- Even internet dating can't help frustrated Iraqis looking for love among increasing sectarian divisiveness. [WP]
- DC primaries (only election that counts) today, expectations are for "a watershed election for DC." [WP]