Dear Walnuts, DO NOT WANT
Republican voters are SO ANGRY about this immigration deal, because it turns out that the GOP and the Democrats and the companies that own those political franchises couldn't care less about the Mexican Menace. It's quaint how the seal-the-border crowd thinks Washington -- which is controlled by the "former" CEO of a company now based in Dubai -- would share the Little Guy's worries about jobs or whatever.
After the jump, see how McCain's former fans feel about the immigration deal.
* Your past service to America doesn't grant you a pass when it comes to your betrayal of the country and the people you once fought for. Treason is as treason does.
* Benedict Arnold was once wounded while fighting FOR America. No one remembers him for this. It is sad that you have reached the same point in your career.
* The proposed policy for immigrants is an insult to all American Citizens in the United States.
* The underhandedness of the secrecy with which you and Teddy Kennedy and others concocted it reminds me of your (too often ignored) role in the Savings and Loan scandals.
* The contempt you displayed for the American people in your comments about the need to ram this through in order to avoid "extracurricular politics" makes you utterly unfit to lead this country.
* Allowing illegals to remain here under any circumstances is AMNISTY. Not protecting and guarding our borders is TREASON.
* Your latest bill, co-sponsored with that bastion of conservative principals, Mr. Kennedy, is yet another of your bizarro attempts to undermine everything that is good about this country. I thought that abomination you did with Feingold was bad, but this latest "amnesty by any other name" is the worst! Compromise? Ha! Surrender and bow down on your knees is more like it. Get a backbone and do something that is right for America. The left doesn't need extra help.
* If you seriously entertained any idea of gaining the Republican nomination for President, that idea is finished - along with this quivering abortion of a sell-out illegal alien amnesty bill.
* You, sir are a disgrace for getting anywhere near the bill you propose!
* I WAS BORN IN EUROPE AND CAME TO THE USA AS A LEGAL ALIEN. I LEARNED THE LANGUAGE, TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE . NO ONE TOLD ME BACK THAN THAT I ALSO SHOULD HAVE LEARNED SPANISH.
* We (my husband and I) are sickened by this bill that grants amnesty to illegal aliens (criminals!!!). Let's see where this takes us in a decade or two. The United States would be on a fast track geared toward Socialism.
* As far as I am concerned you can take your "Straight Talk Express" straight to Tijuana. This is an embarrasement and a politically corrupt move on your part. I will tell all my law abiding, tax paying, hard working Latino friends and family to say ADIOS to Senor McCain.
* Your service for this country, although heroic and very much appreciated, is now overshadowed greatly by your stupidity. You not only seal your fate as a turncoat republican, you make a mockery of the constitution and our fore fathers that you are supposed to follow in the foot steps of.
* Please forward this message to John and tell him that he just lost several votes from an resident of New Hampshire.
Dear John [My Dear John Letter]