Everything's Over And Just Beginning!
- Last night the White House & Friends finalized Paulson's $700 billion bailout plan. It's a lot better than the original version, because both sides made Important Sacrifices. [Wall Street Journal]
- Oh hooray, the House is voting today on Paulson's Famous Bailout Plan, with the Senate voting maybe as soon as Wednesday, and people for the most part think it's going to pass. But still, all taxpayers in America hate Hank Paulson and his stupid plan. [Washington Post]
- Obama and McCain are pretending they're fine with the plan, but Obama says he was holed up with Paulson in a bailout shelter filled with calculators for days while McCain was just pretended to do this thing. [AP]
- Thanks to the vagueness of his new Plan, Demigod of the Treasury Hank Paulson now has unseemly amounts of power, more so than every other financier, ever. [Los Angeles Times]
- Citigroup and Wells Fargo are said to be in competition over Wachovia, which is failing and up for grabs. [Reuters]
- Bombs killed 34 in Baghdad on Sunday, making it the bloodiest day in the city this Ramadan. [CNN]