Gossip Roundup: A F-ing Big Story
Daily Briefing is on vacation. Relax, it's good for you.
• Salt historian knows very old jokes; told Bush is reading his tome, "Salt: A World History," Mark Kurlansky told Newsday "My first reaction was, 'Oh, he reads books?'". . . . Washingtonians not funny . . . . Universal to make film of 9/11's "Flight 93." [WP]
• Hollywood crowd applauds Reagan's on-screen death, cheers his being "threatened at gunpoint and pushed out of a speeding car," boos the words "Also Starring Ronald Reagan." [WT]
• Michael Wolff tells offends delicate sensibilities of Michael's crowd, says CIA leak investigation a "fucking big deal;" WP's Cohen points out that VF wankathons not the same as reporting: "You guess, and then you write!" [NYDN]
• More Pirro bloopers: Campaign website misspells names, forgets to note some pictured are dead. "It's another example of the screw-ups that have now come to define the Pirro campaign," a disgusted GOP activist says . . . . Producers of "The Great American Trailer Park Musical" dedicating production to Bill Clinton. . . . Overflow crowd for funeral of slain war journalist Steven Vincent. [Page Six, Page Six, Page Six]
• Robert Redford producing sequel to "The Candidate". . . . BREAKING: Dems not enthused about second Kerry nom. [Cindy Adams]
• Possible tell-all by Peter Jennings's ex dividing chattering class. [Liz Smith]