Gossip Roundup: 'A Mouth Like Cheney'
• Names & Faces: Is Lloyd Grove through at the New York Daily News? [WP]
• Under the Dome: Hillary roasts Rahm Emanuel: "Republicans may have the Hammer, but we have the Nutcracker! He has calves like Baryshnikov and a mouth like Cheney.". . . Elizabeth Dole, Richard Burr, Bob Novak, Jerry Falwell, Orrin Hatch attend tribute to Jesse Helms. [The Hill]
• Inside the Beltway: Congressional staffers enjoy hemp feast. [WT]
• Cindy Adams: Donna Brazile: "I'm an African-American whose life has been a victory. But then came Katrina. . . Right now we need a president who will help. He's helping. I'm so grateful. Poverty and misery is humbling. I'm humbled to the core that this administration is helping the poorest of the poor. . . I applaud this president for stepping up." [NYP]
• Rush & Molloy: Bette Midler booed at Madison Square Garden Katrina fundraiser for joking, "George Bush likes my music. He came to see me in the '70s. A coke dealer of mine got him some tickets." [NYDN]
• Lloyd Grove's Lowdown: 9/11 activist mothers call for tough investigation into Katrina response. Kristen Breitweiser: "This time, there's got to be accountability. If you're an elected official, you should be inviting accountability for yourself." [NYDN]