• Reliable Source: WHCA Dinner Guests: For MSNBC, Apprentice Bill Rancic; For People, the Olsen twins [Oops!]; For Newsweek, Meg Ryan; For Bloomberg, Kournikova, Drew Carey, Minnie Driver, and Candice Bergen; For CNN, Wayne Newton; For WP, Cameron Kerry and Vincent D'Onofrio; For ABC, Affleck, Tom Brady, Rove, Powell, Rumsfeld, Shrum. Says flak, "We've got Shrummy and Rummy!". . . McDermott skips "under God" in the Pledge. [WP]
• Heard on the Hill:Schumer to Kavanaugh about Clinton impeachment, joking about infamous comment by Specter: "Would you have voted 'Aye' or 'Nay' � and you can�'t use Scottish law!" Later, Hillary tells Schumer: "I heard you were brilliant! I heard you were brilliant!". . . Democrats launch site to make Pelosi the first female speaker of the House. . . MTV launches "Stand Up and Holla!" contest with DNC and RNC to increase youth participation. [Roll Call]
• Inside the Beltway:Cheney: "I was interested to learn that Truman and Churchill traveled [to Westminster College] from Washington on the presidential railroad car. The evening before they arrived, Churchill had five scotches before dinner and then joined Truman, members of the White House staff, and probably a few reporters for an all-night poker game. Well, that was a different era. And I can tell you that we had a lot quieter time this morning on Air Force Two."
• Rush & Molloy:Cardinal Egan says Kerry may not be invited to Smith Dinner. . . Robin Williams, Mellencamp, Midler, James Taylor plan Radio City Kerry fundraiser. [NYDN]
• Page Six: Secret Service waits for Teresa's hair to be done. [NYP]
• Cindy Adams:Clinton'sMy Life should be "a riveting read," said insiders. [NYP]