Gossip Roundup: Jenna, Will You...?
* Reliable Source: Henry Hager slips a note to Jenna Bush at Asia Nora. Her response: "I thought you were proposing! I nearly [soiled] my pants!" [WP]
* Heard on the Hill: Rep. Mary Bono (R-Calif.) contends her $165,200 salary isn't enough to send her son to college. . . Rep. Bart Gordon (D-Tenn.) was the Fastest Member of Congress in the Capital Challenge 5K. . . Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) spotted at New Jersey Turnpike rest stop with "younger-looking woman." [Roll Call]
* Page Six: Senior advisor to McCain joins forces with two former aides to Pataki. [NYP]
* Cindy Adams: Al Gore would rather teach than be president. [NYP]
* Rush & Molloy: Maureen Dowd complains about weight gained on her book tour. [NYDN]