Gossip Roundup: So August
The Daily Briefing is on vacation.
• Names & Faces: Morton Kondracke proposed to America's Promise CEO Marguerite Sallee in Paris (proposed gossip column nickname: Mor-Marg). . . National Championships of Rock Paper Scissors to bring deadpan irony to DC. . . Michael Graham benefiting from controversy. . . . Harry Reid ready to go a few rounds. [WP]
• Inside the Beltway: Maharishi calls for government buildings to face east. . . Charlie Rangel admits did cite "Willie Lynch" urban legend. . . . Pot tunnel to be filled by "expanding liquid foam cement." Trippy. [WT]
• Rush and Malloy: Carole Radziwill's memoir details how she broke news of JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette to Bessette's mother. [NYDN]
• Page Six: Gay Americans James McGreevey and Golan Cipel working on competing tell-alls. . . . Bush to name Lisette M. Mondello, the daughter-in-law of Nassau Republican leader Joe Mondello, to be assistant secretary of Veterans Affairs [NYP, NYP]
• Cindy Adams: Garry Trudeau and Jane Pauley may have bought a home in Beekman Place residence. . . . Rudy Giuliani quips on judges. [NYP]