Help Haiti, But Watch Jersey Shore Too
Thursday, January 21: As the Nation welcomes naked Scott Brown to his seat as President of the Teabaggers, we say goodbye to the fine folks from the Jersey Shore. Tabaq Bistro will recreate the debauchery of these less-than-human characters by showing the finale tomorrow on big screen teevees and providing plenty of drink specials, so everyone will be in fine form to beat each other up on the dance floor... [Tabaq Bistro DC]
- New Food: On the street-food front, there's a new crepe truck making its way around Rosslyn. And in the "South Asian food with a side of pizza" front, we welcome the Sacrificial Lamb Kabobs 'n' Pizza to the Dupont area. [Choupi Crepes, Sacrificial Lamb]
So many opportunities to eat and drink to cure Haiti of that earthquake:
Wednesday, January 20:
- The Columbia Firehouse is hosting a fundraiser for the Haitian Emergency Rebuilding Operation (H.E.R.O.) tonight from 6-9PM. Admission is $40 and includes hors d’oeuvres.
- Lima Restaurant and Lounge is hosting a fundraiser for Doctors without Borders from 5:30-8PM tonight. A $5 donation is suggested and they will also be donating 20% of all bar proceeds to the organization.
- Bombay Club, 701, Ardeo, The Oval Room, Bardeo, Rasika and Bibiana Osteria-Enoteca will donate $1 to the Red Cross every time certain appetizers and entrees are ordered. The fundraiser lasts until February 19.
- Latin Concepts and Tavern Concepts Restaurants, which include Chi-Cha Lounge, Gazuza, and Ceviche, are donating 10% of sales between 7PM and 8PM today through Friday to support relief efforts in Haiti.
Thursday, January 21:
- Super trendy Policy is hosting a fundraiser/ dance party in support of Partners in Health, an organization that is sending doctors and medical supplies to Haiti. A $25 entrance fee gets you free cocktails from 7:30PM-9:30PM.
Friday, January 22:
- Hudson Restaurant and Lounge is hosting 'Cocktails for Haiti' from 6PM-10PM on Friday. All proceeds benefit the Crudem Foundation that supports a hospital staffed by US volunteer physicians just outside of Port-Au-Prince. The suggested donation is $20. There will be a cash bar and 10% of the bar sales will also be donated to the Foundation.
- Local 16 and the group ‘Do, Good, Feel Good DC’ are hosting ‘Friday for Haiti’ to benefit Oxfam America’s Haitian Earthquake Response Fund. Admission is $25 and includes drink specials, free beer and appetizers. 100% of the proceeds from admission sales and 10% of the bar tab will go to the charity.
- The New Leaders Council is hosting a fundraiser at Midtown Loft on Friday from 6-9PM. Suggested minimum donation is $25. They are trying to raise $2000 to aid relief efforts in Haiti.