John McCain's Long Career Of Sleazy Lies, Semi-Affairs & Total Corruption
This whole "presumptive nominee" thing must be serious, because the New York Times just dumped a million-word "investigative report" on how John McCain is the sleaziest sack of scum since, uh, all the other Republicans who already dropped out of the race. Also: Did he have a Dirty Sex Affair with some lobbyist broad who looks suspiciously like his current wife? Let's find out!
Under a grainy black-and-white 1970s-looking mafia photograph of McCain as he "conferred with his lawyers before testifying in January 1991 before the Senate Ethics Committee regarding his involvement with Charles Keating and the Lincoln Savings and Loan," the NYT samples from the rich trove of Corrupt McCain evidence and comes up with this pretty good initial batch of sleaze:
* While Grandpa Straight Talk was running for the presidency in 2000, all his aides were going nuts because he was constantly traveling with a good-looking lobbyist gal who was, at the time, in her early thirties.
* Whether or not McCain and Vicki Iseman were having sexytime on the corporate jets he used to fly around the country, McCain did do the bidding of Iseman's clients.
* At this point, he had barely cleared his name from the Keating Five Savings & Loan scandal.
* In one of his few acknowledgments that the Arizona senator has ever been to Arizona, McCain made a point of not flying direct from National Airport to Phoenix because he had some part in opening up that commercial air route -- but because he always flies in luxury private jets provided by the Corporates, it didn't much inconvenience him.
* McCain helped launch some campaign-ethics group, but the group ended up doing the exact same corrupt things it was supposedly against, so he quit in shame.
* Corrupt banker/developer Charles Keating was, obviously, an immediate supporter of McCain's long congressional career. Keating showered dirty money and fancy vacations on McCain, who loves all that shit.
* Then McCain tried to get the government off the back of Keating's failing corrupt Lincoln Savings and Loan, because McCain really wants to get government off the backs of his corrupt millionaire friends.
* McCain got caught, but somehow clung to his senate seat.
* But McCain can still pretend to "wince" at the memory of getting caught, so who cares if the bailout cost American taxpayers $3.4 billion?
* He also got caught having a big lobbyist fund-raising deluxe luxury fancy party in 2000. So he ran and hid like a little girl.
* Lobbyists control his entire miserable, corrupt life.
* He loves lobbyists, both in the figurative and literal sense, because he was probably screwing that one lobbyist.
* And when the lobbyists need a quick letter to the FCC or whatever to help their clients, John Maverick McCain is always quick to help, the end.