Larry Craig's Gay Blue Honda Reappears!
This week, Michael Mukasey, Larry Craig, Tim Russert, Jerry Rice, Marion Barry, and David Gregory were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we've heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line "Wonk'd" or "Sighting."
* I saw the newly sworn in Attorney General Mukasey @ Austin Grill Downtown the other night (11/14). He had 4 secret service w/ him
* Just saw Larry Craig and his wife (!!!) In his very gay blue honda element complete with "sportsmen for bush" sticker (insert joke here) in the parking lot by harris teeter in pentagon row
* Tim Russert was in section 121 of the Verizon Wireless Center for Sunday's Bruce Springsteen concert. Lil Rus was playing a nasty air drum solo during Badlands too.
* Jerry Rice sat in front of me at a cultural show at Georgetown University on Friday. His daughter goes to Georgetown and she was a performer in the show. He was with some other people and we didn't want to bother him, but it was nice to see him support his daughter. She came to talk to him during intermission; she kind of looks like Rihanna. I hear she's nice. He was also at Midnight Madness at Georgetown a month ago, and the basketball coach got him to do the Soulja Boy dance in front of everyone.
* Sighted: former Mayor, city councilman from the 8th ward, Eastern Motors pitchman and bitch-set-up victim Marion Barry was at New Vegas Lounge on Saturday night with an unidentified younger woman in tow. We were super-excited.
* I was rewarded this evening with a celebrity sighting. I just left the 801 steakhouse in downtown Des Moines. David Gregory was in the next booth with a young man and woman (they seemed like college kids, but since I turned 40, everybody seems young). If I didn't recognize him as David Gregory, I would have "read" him as a gay man. He seemed awfully effeminate (and I'm half of a gay couple, myself). The conversation they were having was very pedestrian. When it came to ordering wine, Gregory said he was "really into French Burgundies" because they were "fun." I despise anyone who describes a wine as fun. He talked about how he and his gentile wife were raising their three children as Jewish, blah, blah, blah...and how he was going to spend the day after Thanksgiving at an upscale seafood restaurant in DC. Do the Gregory kids know that shellfish isn't kosher?