Liveblogging the Gaybate
Supposedly you can go here and watch this yourself if you're so inclined. Pour yourself a gimlet and let's go.
* 10:01 We're starting a new thread! Go refresh that one madly! HERE COMES MIKE GRAVEL!
* 9:59 Dennis Kucinich: I SEND YOU GREAT LOVE, FROM MY HOME PLANET. I BRING YOU PEACE.
* 9:53 I SEE THE WORLD AS ONE, MARGARET. EVERYTHING INTERCONNECTED. I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND.
* 9:51 Oh it's so cute when Dennis explains that he's not outside the mainstream. He's proving how mainstream he is by pointing out that he was against the war, which everyone is, back when... no one was.
* 9:49 Melissa: Congressman, can I smoke you up after this?
* 9:48 They allll love Dennis. Melissa: "I hope you always run for President." Kind of awkward?
* 9:47 How long have you been a hippie, Dennis?
* 9:46 RESPECT THE POWER OF LOVE. LOVE HAS THE POWER. LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER.
* 9:44 He's [Kucinich] already getting wacky. Imagine the equal sign of the HRC in a heart. Imagine it! Now imagine that heart/equal sign on a unicorn, in a magical valley, and this unicorn lives on a cloud. Imagine that. Love!
* 9:42 We are digging the entrance music. It's like everyone's entering some classily-decorated British game show.
* 9:39 Lonesome John Edwards wants you to know that we, and all of you, need to work together to change America blah blah blah he's doing the Clinton fist thing it's v v v inspiring.
* 9:37 Aaand his position hasn't changed. He just feels really bad.
* 9:35 He gets applause for clarifying his anti-same sex marriage position. Or... he's... he's sort of actually just straight up coming out in favor of same sex marriage? It's hard to say, he went from "boy I can understand how that must really bug you guys! Gee, that's gotta suck!" to "I would not be George W. Bush" without the intervening bit where he explains his position.
* 9:33 Senator, would you fire this trannie? John would "support them in every possible way." Guys we don't know how much longer we can keep this immature giggling up.
* 9:32 Margaret: "Senator, did you want to take on Ann Coulter?" Or are you too much of a pussy.
* 9:31 How many candidates are there again? Like three, right?
* 9:28 What the hell is his pin? Is this inscrutable pin day? It's round... Anyway children can be mean and cruel, according to John Edwards, the only candidate with the guts to tell the dirty truth about children. They're dicks, and John Edwards isn't afraid to say it.
* 9:27 John has not said that he's uncomfortable around gay people. That is a lie and he knows exactly who said that. He is totally comfortable right now, surrounded by all these gays.
* 9:26 Edwards is now just telling some sad story about an LA rentboy. Everyone in American needs to see exactly what he saw, they would be moved and touched.
* 9:24 Mellisa and Elizabeth Edwards have a lot in common -- HOT. Oh, no, wait... cancer. Are our faces red.
* 9:23 Here comes Edwards! Faux-hawk dude in the audience is thrilled to see him.
* 9:20 Barry doesn't get into "comparisons of vitctimology," which is Robert Fripp song, isn't it?
* 9:16 Doogie Howser's in the audience! He's the original blogger. Also gay, apparently. Oh Barry still thinks we should be nice to everyone. Seriously if this keeps being this lame we're gonna give up before we even get to Mike Gravel.
* 9:14 What the hell is Barry's pin? It's not a flag. He has gay friends in red states and plays little league in blue states. He might have that backwards but it's good he's keeping his gay friends far, far away from these little kids playing baseball.
* 9:12 BREAKING we thought Melissa said "the S&M role" but she actually said "us and them."
* 9:10 Christ this is not a debate. Melissa is "an incredibly privileged rock star," in her words.
* 9:06 Can Barack see how "civil unions" are different from "marriage"? Yeah sorta but by the way he is black. Margaret Carlson has spent up to a week with gays so she knows a little bit about how they're feeling. Barry doesn't care about semantics, it's his job to get the job done!
* 9:05 Hey, it's a stuttering, jerky, crappy feed that's being swamped by gays and straights across the country. Anyway, Barack Obama knows exactly what it's like to be gay because he has a funny name.
* 9:01 Melissa Etheridge??