Looks Like Yemen Is Not Going Away Anytime Soon—Unless We Bomb It, Ha Ha!
- The US Embassy in Yemen is open again, following two days of evidence suggesting that al-Qaeda was going to blow it up and the Yemeni government suggesting the opposite of this. [AP]
- Last week's suicide bomber, the one who killed seven CIA people in Afghanistan, was actually a Jordanian double-agent. [Washington Post]
- Meet Ali Abdullah Saleh, the proto-despised President of Yemen. [New York Times]
- Thousands of names were switched to the no-fly list from the hedge-y best-to-keep-away-from-planes list. [Wall Street Journal]
- The corporate adult fascists at Nokia are suing local punk start-up Apple for iPhone-related copyright infringement. [Reuters]
- Rejoining the Yemen branch of al-Qaeda is a popular life-after-Guantanamo option. [Times Online]