Metro Section: AdNags Takes DC
- Parts of DC "unfamiliar to a typical NYT travel section reader: 1. Any part with black people. 2. Except for a club in a gentrifying black neighborhood that features a mostly white clientele.
Thanks, New York Times, for helping me plan my weekend." [why.i.hate.dc]
- Same article says, "The city is not as safe as it once was...keep an eye out around you," Cafe 227 asks: "Adam, how old are you? 16? 17? Because the only acceptable excuse for making such a dumb statement is that you simply weren't alive or sentient during the late 1980s-early 1990s when DC was known as the 'murder capital' of the United States." [Cafe 227]
- Heathers sequel to be set in DC, with Christian Slater and Winona Ryder. This is totally unsubstantiated and terrifies us. [The DC Universe]
- Maureen Dowd smiles, shops inappropriately for her age. [DC Chai]
- DC is 20th Drunkest City. Out of 35. "Some will be cheered to hear that DC beat NYC, #32, if this is an important contest to you." Duh. [Metroblogging DC]