New Year's Eve, Wonkabout Style
Ah 2009. Boy was it fun. Let's see, our Kenyan master was sworn into office, everyone lost all their money, abortions were THE thing to do, we almost killed the moon, and now we're off to war with Yemen! Hooray! What a fun year it has been and with just two day left let's hope no one brings any firecrackers onto an airplane. Hello 2010!
Best ways to say goodbye to the '00s. You can party ....
- Like you're super cool: The best part about any BYT party is the prospect of ending up in one of their photos, which make it seem like you just went to the best party EVER. Tickets are $80 at the door and get you access to motion dance floors, laser tag, moon bounces and an open bar all night long. [BYT Presents 2010: A Space Fantasy]
- With the gays: The party at Nellie's Sports Bar features drink specials until midnight, DJs, party favors, and the opportunity to freeze your ass off on their roof. [Nellie's Sports Bar]
- With the hipsters: Enjoy an evening with fellow plaid shirt and tight jean enthusiasts at Wonderland. There will be a "champagne of beers toasts" with Miller High Life at Midnight. [The Wonderland Ballroom]
- With the douche bags: $60 ($70 at the door) gets you an open bar from 9PM-12PM and a buffet of heavy appetizers at Public Bar. [Public Bar]
- With the politicos: Local 16 is featuring an open bar from 9PM-10PM, drink specials all night, a heavy appetizer buffet, and free champagne at midnight for $25 ($35 at the door). [Local 16]
- In the 'burbs: $95 bucks gets you a buffet of heavy hors d'oeuvres, seven drink tickets, champagne, and music until 2AM at the Clarendon Ballroom [Clarendon Ballroom]
- At a dive bar: Recessions is offering an open bar, free food buffet, dancing, and a toast at midnight for $70. [Recessions]
- Or just fuck it: If you want to quietly enter 2010, head to Buffalo Billiards where it will feel like any other day in their subterranean den of beer and pool. There's no cover charge, and regular prices for pool, darts, and shuffleboard. [Buffalo Billiards]
Happy New Year. Let's hope 2010 is just better.