Oh Little Town of ... That One Place, With the Jesus Baby
From Charlie Brown to the president, every American loves Bethlehem because that's where the first Nativity Set was built. But a shocking new survey proves Americans don't even know where it is, let alone what kind of people live there. Do they know there's a War On Christmastime at all?
* 59% of Americans believed the population of Bethlehem was "either Muslim or Jewish or a mix of both."
* Only 15% knew it was a mix of Christians and Muslims.
* Only 15% of Americans realize that it is a Palestinian town in the West Bank.
* Less than a third of Americans knew Bethlehem had been walled off by Israel.
* 78% of Christians living in Bethlehem "blame the exodus of Christians from the town on Israel's blockade."
* 46% of Americans "blame it on Islamic politics."
Hooray for pious ignorance! Read more details at this jihadist website:
Americans back Bethlehem - but not sure where it is [Open Bethlehem]