Pouncing Down the Avenue
This week, Chris Matthews, Eleanor Holmes Norton, Cecilia Sarkozy, Nicole Richie, and Markos Moulitsas were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we've heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line "Wonk'd" or "Sighting."
* I saw Chris Matthews pouncing down Connecticut Ave. loaded down with bags from Jos. Banks yesterday (8/10). From the looks of things it was a shopping trip well worth the effort. He was so disheveled--rumpled short, hair flying--that I was pretty sure he was going to hand me a flyer from a nearby jewelry store.
* Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton sat next to me outside of the Hawk & Dove on Capitol Hill. Camera phone picture less than satisfactory. Her (female) friend said she couldn't drink, but Del. Norton said "Oh yes, I'll be drinking [white wine]." The two dined on delicious salads at 12:30am or so after seeing Becoming Jane. She was rather intrigued by the KegBus ( http://www.kegbus.com/) that stopped in front, but to my disappointment, she didn't board or perform any keg stands.
* Cécilia Sarkozy, French president's wife, who didn't attend Saturday's lunch at Kennebunkport because of a sore throat was seen shopping in Wolfeboro New Hampshire on Friday and Saturday.
* Saw Markos Moulitsas (DailyKos) in Macy's by Metro Center on Saturday. Probably buying that hideous suit he wore on Meet the Press on Sunday.
* Nicole Richie shopping in Georgetown this afternoon.