Presenting the Nation's Best Political Cartoon Ever!
Well, this changes everything. Let's do the numbers, after the jump.
We found this great new political cartoon -- "the second of what the authors hope to make into a series of political cartoons" -- on HumanEvents.com, a social networking site for dementia patients.
It's called THEM ARK'S BROTHERS: GOPPO & DEMMO, itself a bracing kick in the nuts to an industry stuck in the rut of short, comprehensible cartoon names.
* Anthropomorphic furry versions of the Democrat and Republican mascots who wear strange FRANKIE SAYS t-shirts, and nothing else
* A donkey that's either grotesquely oversized, or an elephant that's a creepily deformed dwarf
* A brontosaurus disguised as a giraffe (?)
* Right-wingers who read a newspaper that's actually named for the new Michael Moore movie
* A bayonette-armed bird in a World War II infantry helmet who is apparently unaware that the Fi in Semper Fi means the same thing as the Fidel in Fidel Castro -- Fidelis, or "faithful" in Latin
* The charming addition of a French-esque accent over the E in El Che's name, because ... uhm, just because, dammit!
THEM ARK'S BROTHERS: GOPPO & DEMMO [Human Events]