Quick! Last Minute New Years Plans!
Every now and then, we come across legitimate excuses to get trashed on a Monday - proof of God's everlasting love for the working man (and woman, I guess). If you're still in the District and have yet plan out your New Year's festivities, you've got quite a few options for how to spend your final evening of 2007 (some more expensive than others). It's been one hell of a year, and we're going to try to make it one hell of a night.
* A French New Year's Eve @ Bastille, "Celebrate with a meal prepared by Chef Christophe Poteaux and Pastry Chef Michelle Poteaux. Their first seating will be from 6:00-7:30pm with a four-course prix fixe for $59 per person. The second seating will be from 9:00-10:30 (six-courses tasting menu $79 per person, $50 wine tastings)." [Bastille Restaurant]
* New Years' Eve Ball @ the Black Cat, "Peaches and her Orchestra will be performing four sets throughout the night on our Mainstage. Peaches' show begins at 9pm and offers an intriguing mix of the world's greatest swing dance music, dreamy romantic fare from the 1930s-40s, Latin goodies including rhumbas and tangos, "jump swing," Hollywood's greatest hits, hot-cha-cha stuff from the very late 1920s and a few humdingers of the 1950s." $25, 8PM. [Black Cat]
* Liberation Dance Party @ DC9, "DC9 transforms its usual Friday night indie, electronic and hip-hop mix, Liberation Dance Party, into a New Year's Eve version where for $25 you get your first drink free plus a little champagne at midnight. Get your tickets before 6 p.m. tonight, with doors opening at 9 p.m." [DC9]
* Some expensive ass food @ 1789, "Ring in 2008 at a New Year's Eve Celebration at 1789 Restaurant. Offering an enticing five-course New Year's Eve menu, 1789 Restaurant provides guests with the ideal option for a New Year's celebration. Seating is available from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. for $95 per person (beverages, tax and gratuity not included). Dishes to be presented include cured hamachi, fennel, parsley root and medjool dates; black bass with vanilla scented parsnips, lobster steamed in a banana leaf and tangerines; and pan roasted veal tenderloin with Brussels sprouts, black truffles and pommes dauphinoise." [The List]
* Garutachi @ the Rock and Roll Hotel, "the Rock & Roll Hotel is hosting Garutachi's new year's eve fest that won't be low key in the slightest -- with a live performance by Georgie James, more DJ's than we were aware one party could use and a champagne toast. Co-sponsored by Garutachi, BYT and DURKL. There are a few price point options. Gen Adm: $30. Party Pass (open bar for rail drinks, 8p.m. - 1a.m.): $50. All Access Pass (open bar top shelf, 8 p.m. to last call): $80." [Rock and Roll Hotel]