Super Mexican First Tuesday In Adams Morgan!
It sucks when real holidays and artificial holidays occur on the same day, because then you face far too many opportunities to eat and drink at cheap prices. LIFE IS SO HARD. Today is both Cinco de Mayo and First Tuesday in Adams Morgan. So you can dust off your sombrero, drink really cheap margaritas, pretend to be a mariachi singer and end up streaking down The Mall in sheer delight that the Mexican army beat the French army (remember, this is NOT Mexican independence day) or enjoy food specials and discounts at a bunch of different restaurants and shops in Adams Morgan. One happens once a year, one happens once a month, but both are awesome. Decisions, decisions.
If you choose to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, some options include:
- Café Citron: Salsa and Merengue dancing from 6PM to 9PM, half-price appetizers from 4PM to 8PM, and drink specials including $4 beers (Modelo, Negro Modelo, Dos Equis, Corona), $5 Hornitos shots and $6 margaritas.
- Lauriol Plaza: Party starts at 11AM. Enough said.
- Tortilla Coast: $3.50 Corona and Corona Lights and 75 cent tacos all night long.
- Rosa Mexicano: The restaurant is hosting a masquerade party and the first 200 guests in costume will receive a shot of 1800 tequila in a collectible shot glass. They are also offering a special menu and live music.
- Ceiba: $5 margaritas and $5 appetizers from 11:30AM to close.
- Mackey's: Cheap beers, margaritas, tacos, free sombreros, oh, and free tequila shots as part of their Irish Cinco de Mayo festival (it makes no sense, just go with it people THERE WILL BE A PINATA). Cost is $5.
If you choose to enjoy First Tuesday, some options include:
- Perrys, The Grill from Ipanema, Saki, Las Canteras, and plenty of other restaurants on 18th Street all do some combination of appetizers, dinner, and drinks for $25, plus tax and tip.
- Shake Your Booty, DeVinos, Fleet Feet, and Meeps Vintage Fashion all offer a 10%-30% discount on your total purchase.
Image by Sagespot via Flickr.