Sports, Free Lunch and a Cherry Blossom Event That Won't Suck!
Thursday, April 1: Hate your job? That sucks. But, hey, because misery loves company, workplace vent site IHateMy9to5.com is hosting a vent session/comedy hour at Wonderland on Thursday night. No, there will not be a giant piñata that looks like your boss, but there will be food and drink specials from 6:30PM-7:30PM. Hopefully your 9-5 is at least moderately better than this guy's. [I Hate My 9 to 5]
- Thursday, April 1: Well friends, turns out there is such a thing as a free lunch. Urbana is launching a new lunch menu, and to celebrate they are giving away 300 bagged lunches with a pulled-pork/Parmesan sandwich, a dill pickle, a bottle of water, and a chocolate-chip cookie. The giveaway starts at 11:30AM and it's first-come, first-serve, so you should probably just go line up right now. [Urbana]
- Friday, April 2: The Cherry Blast is a Cherry blossom event that has more to do with booze than the actual flowers, so it probably won't suck. HOORAY! For $10 -- and the ticket price includes a drink -- you get to party in a random warehouse in Adams Morgan, dance, look at art, listen to spoken word, and, most importantly, drink. [The Cherry Blast]
- Saturday, April 3: There was an earthquake in Haiti and we all cared for the better part of 10 minutes and then we stopped caring because, well, who cares about Haiti? The running group The Capital Striders, however, hasn't stopped caring about all the dead Haitians and are hosting a Spring Throwdown and Fundraiser for Haiti Saturday night at 9:30PM at Parker's in Bethesda. [DC Capital Striders]
- Attention Sports Fans: For our five or so readers who enjoy balls and the kicking and/or hitting of them by muscular men, get excited: Baseball and soccer seasons are about to begin! The D.C. United's home opener is this Saturday and Wale will be performing before the game at 6PM. The Nat's home opener is next Monday, April 5, and the President himself will be throwing out the first pitch. And let's not forget that this all really means you eating chili dogs, churros, and nachos and drinking beer while lounging in the sun. Now who likes sports? [D.C. United, Nationals]
- Food To Look Forward To: Someone out there heard our plea that someone should open a real deli in DC, and praise be that person, because a new deli, City2Cafe, is coming to Dupont in mid-April! [Prince of Petworth]