The HRC DeGayte, Part II
You know the drill! The stream is here and our thoughts are below the jump. Drink up, we got Mike, Bill, and Hill.
* 10:53 OK ONE MORE THING YES, SHE IS ALSO THEIR GIRL. OR "GORL" OR WHATEVER WEIRD WAY SHE PRONOUNCES IT. HOT.
* 10:49 GUYS WE'RE BORED, GOIN TO THE RAVEN. HILLARY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GAY PEOPLE, OR AT LEAST SHE DOES, SORTA, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO BE ANY FURTHER LEFT ON THE ISSUE THAN IS POLITICALLY ADVISABLE. WE ARE SHOCKED.
* 10:45 Hillary sounds smart and reasonable and pragmatic and political. Besides Bill "Yeah I don't get you gay people but I'll play along" Richardson, everyone else has been shouty and inspired and passionate and Hope this and Love that. Her jacket is the most inspiring thing about her right now and it's only inspiring us to minimize the window and do the rest of this audio-only.
* 10:42 She's not going to suddenly and unexpectedly come out in favor of mandatory gay marriage for everyone or anything, what if we just made up the rest of this 15 minutes of liveblogging and headed to the bar? Like: 10:50 OMG DID HILLARY SERIOUSLY JUST ADMIT THAT SHE'S A MAN TRAPPED IN A WOMAN'S BODY AND THEN MAKE OUT WITH MELISSA ETHERIDGE, AND WAS SHE WEARING THAT SPANGLED BUSTIER THE WHOLE TIME?!?
* 10:38 Ok Margaret Carlson's hilarious joke compliment aside, that is a hideous, hideous jacket. She has just lost the gay vote again. It's a bath mat, seriously.
* 10:37 Here's Hill! They all entered like Leno guests, christ.
* 10:36 Richardson: Look I know you all like the guys who talk about love and how they will give all the gays a magic pony but btw I might have a chance in hell of getting elected someday! Except he doesn't...
* 10:31 Bill Richardson: Not a scientist. So he won't answer the question about how they all CHOSE TO BE THAT WAY.
* 10:26 "I was there, talking about discrimination at the UN. I was there, talking about gay rights in New Mexico. I was here, in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City. I was working on the organ sounds. I was there at the special session of the New Mexico state legislature when Captain Beefheart started his first band. Don't do it that way, I said."
* 10:25 When Bill used an anti-gay slur on Howard Stern you should've been paying attention instead to his hate crimes bill.
* 10:19 Seriously we're making a sandwich during Bill Richardson's segment. Just btw. Mike Gravel will be happy to step out of the closet with you, too.
* 10:18 Drugs! Hooray for drugs! FDR had the guts to end the drug war! Yeah! Drugs!
* 10:16 "I had a burning desire, and I got it through -- as a freshman!" -- Mike Gravel, no context required.
* 10:14 Gravel is not afraid about the gays because he ended the draft. And... because he ended the draft, Bush doesn't have enough troops to win in Iraq? Oh also gays.
* 10:12 MORE IMPORTANTLY: No pins on either of them.
* 10:10 Gravel and Kucinich love to love, and love lovers who love to love.
* 10:06 Does Alaska have any gays? Wait he's naming them, he's named all three Alaskan gays. Pat and John and Maxine. Those are the gays of Alaska and they're going to get beat up now that he gave them away :(
* 10:05 Melissa, to Mike Gravel: "You... are unusual."