The Presidential News Conference: Some Quick First Impressions
• Did anyone see Rove's lips move?
• Ryan Lizza: The most photographed forehead in Washington.
• What makes U.N. Envoy Lakhdar Brahimi, U.N. Election Assistance Team head Karina Perelli, and Charlie Duelfer, head of the Iraqi Survey Group, so important? The president can pronounce their names.
• Poor John Roberts of CBS. Bumiller took his question and the President still didn't answer it.
• We couldn't have said it better ourselves: "Opinions Vary on Bush News Conference" [AP/Guardian]
• Like we could resist: "They're not happy they're occupied. I wouldn't be happy if I were occupied either." Well, that's not what we heard. [NYT]