The Snow Took Too Much From Us, We Must Eat Out To Be Whole Again
Restaurants are all annoyed because no one ate out during the Snowpocalypse. But they don’t want you to think it’s just about the money. Oh, please! You see, while you were home throwing snowballs at armed civilians (cops?), making vats of chili and working hard from your couch, you were not at restaurants, the only place where human interaction can occur. So in solidarity, a bunch of DC restaurants are participating in"Restaurants Unleashed Week" and offering discounts to help get you back out there and reconnected with the world.
Let us take stock in the words of Lynne Breaux, President of Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, the group that is sponsoring the Week: “It’s not just dining; this is also about social contact, conviviality, decompression and so much more that we tend not to think about until it is taken away. Think of our 'Unleashed' week as an intense, really big, group therapy session." Thank god for restaurants, what would we do without them?
Some of the better "Restaurants Unleashed Week" deals include:
- Bistro Bistro DC: Free Carafe of Sangria with the purchase of 2 entrees
- Bangkok Joe's: Buy one entree, get the second one half-off with a coupon from Bangkokjoes.com
- Dino: 3 courses for $37 and 33% off bottles of wine over $50
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant: $10 off the purchase of two entrees
- Hudson Restaurant& Lounge: 20% off the purchase of two entrees
- Inox Restaurant: $25.00 off the purchase of two entrees
- Las Canteras Peruvian Restaurant & Bar: 3 Course Peruvian Dinner: $24; 3 Course Lunch: $20
- Mie N Yu: 20% off the bill if you dine between 5PM and 7PM
- Sushi Taro: Free Kirin draft or House Hot Sake with the purchase of a dinner entree
- Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar: Complimentary Bottle of Prosecco or 20% off the bill.
Check out the full list here. The deal runs Monday, March 1 through Sunday, March 7.