Thursday, January 14: H Street Country Club establishes itself as the douchiest place in the ever-so-gentrifying Atlas District with its 'Preppy and Plaid Night' on Thursday. If you dress in plaid, a game of mini-golf is only $4! Plus, if you get there before 7PM, you can indulge in their happy hour specials. [H Street Country Club]
- Thursday, January 14: It's here, your monthly opportunity to drink with the Going Out Gurus from the Washington Post! See them in all their glory at Eye Bar and enjoy drink specials, raffles, and the opportunity to be squished, as it will probably be packed. [Going Out Guide Happy Hour]
- Tuesday, January 19: "JWoww" and Pauly D from the masterpiece that is Jersey Shore will be at McFadden's next Tuesday. Beware of fake tans, Jagerbombs, women in bikinis, and extraordinary amounts of fist pumping. Maybe, just maybe, you'll be one of the lucky ones they 'scrape' from the skeezy McFadden's dance floor. [McFadden's]
- New Food: U Street is now home to Patty Boom Boom, a Jamaican restaurant that, yes, serves Red Stripe, and Bistro La Bonne, a French Bistro where you can satisfy your desire to eat fancy foods and drink expensive wine. [Patty Boom Boom via Urban Daddy, Bistro La Bonne]
- Restaurant Weeks: Don't forget that this week upscale restaurants are allowing the riff raff of DC to indulge in great food for Restaurant Week. Alexandria is hosting its Restaurant Week from January 15 through January 24, and Baltimore, should you actually want to go there, is hosting its Restaurant Week from January 22 through February 7. [DC Restaurant Week, Alexandria Restaurant Week, Baltimore Restaurant Week].
- Famous Eats: Lovers and worshipers of Ezra Klein, today is your day! He reveals his favorite restaurants in the District, meaning you can now eat where he eats!!! Too bad you're not making bank writing about enemas and Joe Lieberman so you can afford to go to most of these places. [Internet Food Association]