aca ahca anthony weiner bank regulations CIA cyber security d.c. daily show Dana Rohrabacher DC Turkey fight devin nunes Dwayne Johnson elizabeth warren fbi federal workers foreign agent glass steagall healthcare reform house oversight committee james comey jared kushner jason chaffetz jimmy kimmel julian assange julian assange rape Michael Flynn obamacare obamacare repeal peggy noonan President Kushner pt News Brief Recep Tyyip Erdogan retirement benefits robert mueller russia RyanCare saudi arabia seth meyers state department stephen colbert steve mnuchin sweden The Rock trevor noah trey gowdy trump budget trump business trump russia TrumpCare Turkish president Wanacry washington WealthChare
Trump Plays The Blame Game. Wonkagenda For Fri., May 19, 2017
Morning Wonketariat! Here's some of the things we may be talking about today.
- Congress people don't want to drop their own investigations in Trump-Russia stuff because they're worried newly appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller may take for-freakin'-EVER.
- Trump says HE didn't screw around with Russia, but he can't speak for all the other people he's throwing under the Trump Train.
- As the Trump-Russia investigation became public, Trump INSISTED on being a part of James Comey's life, and he was not going to be IGNORED, DAN!
- Shortly after Michael Flynn was "You're Fired," Donald Trump passed him a note in class that said, "Stay Strong," and then asked if he still likes him, and to check one of two boxes labeled, "YES" or "NO."
- Back in 2012, about a decade after he's reported to have lost a drunken arm-wrestling match to Vladimir Putin, CA Rep. Dana Rohrabacher was warned by the FBI that Russia was trying to recruit him as an agent.
- CA Rep. Devin Nunes took a stroll down to Langley to catch-up on some secret CIA Trump-Russia stuff despite recusing himself from the investigation for being a dirty shill.
- President Kushner will personally bring peace to the Middle East after selling $110 billion in weapon systems to Saudi Arabia through strong-arming price reductions on missiles (or as Brian Williams would call them, "Beautiful freedom delivery machines") from Lockheed-Martin.
- Republicans in the House haven't given up on TrumpCare/RyanCare/WealthCare, and they're trying to re-re-revote after they get an analysis back from the CBO.
- Elizabeth Warren tore Steve Mnuchin a new asshole yesterday when she asked how you can have a new Glass-Steagall Act without banking regulations.
- Trump's budget will give civilians in the federal work force a meager raise while amputating retirement benefits, because nothing says "Thanks for your service," like a slap in the face and a kick in the ass.
- Speaking of getting pushed out, Republicans are trying to boot Jason Chaffetz -- who announced he's leaving June 30 -- out of the House as fast as possible so that they can cannibalize his seat on the House Oversight committee and run their own investigations into Hillary's Benghazi email weapons of mass destruction.
- The State Department has issued an official ethics policy reminder to its employees not to promote Trump businesses or assets after social media posts about Trump junk started RANDOMLY appearing on the BookFace pages of U.S. Embassies in Not America.
- Looks like Turkish president Recep Tyyip Erdogan was watching his goons beat up up protesters in DC the other day shortly after meeting Donald Trump.
- Dame Peggington Noonington hath opined upon thine ink-stained papyrus of the Wall Street Journal to wit: One who runs one's mouth about a great many things to which they have little to no education may cause undue harm to democracy, and should shut thine mouth, to which I would reply, "Take your own advice." [Archive]
- Brace yourselves, Trump's team has been talking about blaming everything on Obama by using an international cyber security information sharing program as proof that it was actually Obama who's been secretly talking with the Russians (and the Chinese, Germany, France, the U.K., Baltic states, etc).
- A week after the WanaCry hacks, the criminals only grabbed about $100,000 as people and experts agreed to give their frozen computers the finger and just let it go.
- Sweden has dropped rape charges against Julian Assange, but he's probably still stuck being the Ecuadorian embassy's resident "Guy on the Couch."
- BREAKING NEWS! Anthony Weiner will plead guilty for texting with his wiener.
- And here's your late night wrap-up! Seth Meyers agreed with Chelsea Handler that Trump is a time traveler; Jimmy Fallon found that "The Rock" has thoughts about being the third President Johnson; The Daily Show was on point and mentioned a bunch of stories in Not America you probably missed; Jimmy Kimmel wondered what Trump talked about with all the cable teevee and news people yesterday; Colbert found footage of Trump's highspeed DC getaway
- And here's your morning Nice Time! "Aaron's Animals"! You will like it!
Hey! We're ad-free now and the news NEVER EVER STOPS, so why not donate a few Ameros to help us out?