Trump's Crazy EPA Guy? He's FAR TOO SANE! Wonkagenda For Tues., March 28, 2017
Morning, Wonketariat! Before we begin, we have a call to action! Today the House is scheduled to vote on changing your privacy rights on the Internet. Since this is a still a democracy, be a hero and call your Rep., you'll not only win magical Internet points, but you'll keep telecom companies from selling your hoovered-up porn and shopping habits. NOW, here's some of the things we may be talking about today!
- Trump is ordering a rewrite of climate change regulations enacted under Obama. Laws restricting mining, drilling, coal and gas production, and fuel efficiency standards for vehicles are expected to be killed off in an effort to bring back obsolete jobs that have already moved to the renewable energy sector.
- Conservative crazies across the Earth-raping/pro-energy spectrum are pissed that Scott Pruitt might leave one or two Obama-era regulations on energy producers in place after finding out that, yes, the environment is complicated too.
- High-ranking Democrats are calling for Devin Nunes to recuse himself from investigating Trump and Russia seeing as how he's an unwavering Trump slut.
- Is Donald Trump wrapped up in a complicated web of global corruption with the Russian mob and Vladimir Putin? We don't know because James Comey keeps stepping on his dick and dodging questions.
- Last night while Trump lay about defiling the Executive Residence of the White House in a stolen bathrobe, he suddenly started tweeting all sorts of nonsense about Hillary Clinton in an obviously desperate attempt to deflect attention from himself.
- Trump's White House is threatening to pull federal funding, including grants by the DOJ, for law enforcement in states with sanctuary cities or municipalities that harbor undocumented immigrants. I wonder how they'll explain why ICE shot a man during a pre-dawn raid in Chicago, or how they're snatching up families and Dreamers who want a better life?
- Did Steve Mnuchin violate ethics rules already when he said "you should send all your kids to 'Lego Batman," a movie he helped produce? Yeah, probably!
- Democrats are salivating at a chance to unseat Virginia Rep. Barbara Comstock seeing as how a good chunk of her voters reside in the LIBERAL D.C. suburbs.
- Democrats are ALSO entertaining all sorts of crazy ideas to widen their chances in 2018, including the possibility of running pro-life Democrats in red states.
- Republicans aren't sure what they're supposed to run on in 2018 now that their constituents have realized that Obamacare actually isn't as bad as the lies they were told.
- And here's your morning Nice Time! It's FIONA! She's getting BIG!
Who gets up at ass-crack-thirty to read the news for you, our Wonk pals? I do. Please send money, of which it is possible the Editrix might give me some. MAYBE. donate/subscribe