From a 1:30 PM briefing with Sergeant Kimberly Schneider of the Capitol Police:
* Rayburn still in lockdown; Capitol open for official business
* "no reports of injuries"
* no information on the status of the woman who was removed on a gurney due to a panic attack
* "we continue to search the building," with "tactical teams," to make sure that everyone in Rayburn belongs in Rayburn
* no information about whether Rayburn firing range was in use this morning
* "fluid situation"; no timetable as to resolution; "this has been going on since 10:30 AM," when the phone call came in
* another briefing later this afternoon
In sum: No new information about anything...
Earlier:Quote of the Day