What Is A Rumor We Are Always Happy to Pass On?
More observations on the what-passes-for-celebrity-in-this-town Jeopardy, this from a tipster whose identity and reliability are unknown:
- • Al Franken and Alex Trebek got into a shouting match: "You want a piece of me?"
• Anderson Cooper called himself "an idiot" during his game.
• Bob Woodward so slow and stiff--health issues? MS? Painkillers? There was a Deep Throat joke exchange between Alex and Bob.
• NO ONE seemed to know the geography questions. [Sort of disheartening, but go on. . . - Ed.]
• Maria Bartiromo: quiet, none too bright, her opening answer to Alex's questions about finance convoluted. . . terrible player.
• Ari Fleisher--charming, smart--gay rumors about him? [OK, you talked us into it . . . - Ed.] He comes from a Democrat family, became a Republican. . . . so perhaps he can go from gay to straight as well. [Not the most compelling evidence -- it's not like he calls men "pretty" -- but we'll take it. - Ed.]