NewsJanuary 14, 2009 08:45 AM
Who Will Save Our Nation's Peanut Butters?
- A senior Pentagon official did not refer Mohammed al-Qahtani's case for trial because he had been tortured. This is really too bad, because he sounds like a real nasty son of a bitch who should have been prosecuted, but oh well, TORTURE. [Washington Post]
- More former Guantanamo detainees are returning to the battlefield because Barack Obama didn't give them decent, well-paying green-collar jobs. [Voice of America]
- The crazy death-faking financial manager guy was found by authorities as he tried to commit suicide, which he also failed at. [CNN]
- Israel admits that endlessly bombing the shit out of Gaza may not put Hamas out of business. [Washington Post]
- Barack Obama is having some trouble getting Democratic senators to support his economic stimulus proposals and his request to release the remaining half of the original bailout funds. [Bloomberg]
- Would you like some salmonella with your peanut butter? It's free! [AP]