Wonk'd: A Soft, Moist, Shapeless Mass of Matter
Drunken stumblebum Joe Lieberman gets caught in the March madness, Chris Matthews reminds us how much he loves titties, Howard Dean sustains the planet, and the arrows you see are provided by a Wonkette operative who proves once again that Nicolas Cage has never met a
shitty fucking awesome movie he didn't want to be in. So, sit back, chill out, and wait for Wonk'd, which is coming directly.
Know the difference between Marilyn Monroe and Mamie Van Doren? We dig it the most, so send your sightings (with "Wonk'd" or "Sighting" in the subject line), and we'll post them here without the usual getting-to-know-you chit-chat.
* Saw Joe Lieberman Saturday night, March 24, after sundown marking the end of the Sabbath at Martin's Tavern in Georgetown. He was definitely late because everyone else at the table was there for quite some time waiting for him. He was with his wife Hadassah and a few other people celebrating a birthday. He was drinking Dogfish Head beer and, I think, eating grilled salmon. He got up to check the score of the UConn women's basketball game as they beat NC State. Aside from the unwavering support for a doomed war effort that's killing thousands, he's a pretty nice guy and chit-chatted with random drunks that stumbled up to him.
* Chris Matthews and SNL's Darrell Hammond were crossing T St. (at Connecticut) around 6:45 PM on Wednesday [3/28] on their way to the Radio and Television Correspondents' Association dinner at the Washington Hilton. Being a former Hardball intern, I was about to say hello to Matthews when he turned to Hammond and said, "It's funny how women always come to these things naked."
* Sat across the aisle from Howard Dean tonight (3/29) on a New York bound train. Wasn't sure it was him at first, but his voice is unmistakable. He got on at Philly and didn't speak to anyone but his wife on the phone, explaining that he was riding coach because it was cheaper. Surprisingly not surgically attached to a Blackberry, he instead read the Financial Times and the business section of the Post, did the crossword, and recycled it all on his way out.
* Zach Wamp was at the Gallery Place Clyde's on Wednesday [3/28] with what seemed like a bunch of his staffers. At one point it looked like he was making a joke involving the use of a mustard jar as a prop.
* Harvey Keitel dining alone at the Lobby Lounge at the Ritz on 23rd street, reading a book. Didn't catch the title. He was also working out at SportsClub/LA wearing a headband and sunglasses inside, and obviously not trying to hide.
* I saw Congressman Barney Frank at GW on Monday. He was giving a speech to a packed room full of College Democrats. Spoke on the war, gay marriage, and a few other issues; he has a good sense of humor and is incredibly friendly in person.