Wonk'd: Being Famous Has Its Perks for Matthew Yglesias, More Rove
Sightings of political figures, media tyes, and canoodling congressmen are sent in by readers. Send yours to . In this issue: Right-wing conspirators, raging bulls.
• Saw Tucker Carlson, not in Washington, but in New Orleans this past Saturday. He was having lunch at the Napolean House on Royal Street in the French Quarter. He was looking especially hip and casual in a blue sportcoat and khakis. No bowtie however - - very disappointing.
• Matthew Yglesias might have been at Stetson's this Saturday night. Found his UNSIGNED (!!!) credit card on the floor. It's okay, Matt, Best Buy was closed by the time I found it. [The card was returned to Matt. -- Ed.]
• Saw Robert De Niro roll into the Capitol Hill Club round 2:15. He's gonna beat up Tim Robbins.
• My boyfriend is an US Weekly writer, so I wrote this one up US Weekly-style. Who needs gay marriage when the single life is so fun? Representative Barney Frank -- the other other Democrat from Massachusetts -- was spotted March 12th in the 30 Degrees lounge of gay hotspot Cobalt enjoying a glass of red wine AND the company of a green-polo'ed younger gentleman. The rep, and his strawberry-blond mystery man, mid-30s if a day, canoodled on the overstuffed couches in a cozy corner of the bar. "They seemed really into each other," says a source, "Frank had his arm around him the whole time. It was sweet." After one more Marlboro Medium, the love birds left to continue the night elsewhere.
• William Cohen, Former Senator (R-ME) and Clinton Defenseman, looking dapper, entering a black Lincoln (is that redundant) at 19th and M, around 2:30 pm today. [Yup, today. - Ed.]
• In early January, Karl Rove was exploring the vast showroom of the NW Crate and Barrel with a woman. [! -- Ed.]