This week, Paul Wolfowitz, Scooter Libby, Dick Gephardt, Alberto Gonzalez, Zell Miller, Strom Thurmond, and Tim Russert were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we've heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line "Wonk'd" or "Sighting."
• I saw Paul Wolfowitz sitting alone in Nathan's in Georgetown yesterday reading about The Passion of the Christ in Life magazine. Then he looked at his pager, and it must have been important (they found the WMDs?), because he was on the payphone for a while.
• Spotted Scooter Libby at the Baltimore Orioles-Montreal Expos game at Camden Yards last night. The little kid sitting next to him spilled a whole bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red on his lap and then was detained by a few agents in dark sunglasses. We never saw the kid again, and those of us who laughed when it happened were told to give our names and addresses.
• Dick Gephardt was with what looked to be his wife seeing From Justin To Kelly at the Regal Ballston Common 12 Thursday night. They applauded after each musical number.
• Was researching something for college at the Library of Congress today and saw Alberto Gonzalez ripping pages out of a book of records and flushing them down a toilet in the bathroom. He shrieked when I said "hi" and ran to the front desk shouting "terrorist!" and demanding to see what books I've checked out.
• Zell Miller was sitting on the sidewalk at the corner of K and 3rd eating some kind of raw meat (horse maybe?) off of a pretty big bone. He growled at anyone who came near him. The blood was running down his cheeks and staining his seersucker suit.
• i saw strom thurmond and tim russert giving each other blowjobs underneath the stairs at the newseum in arlington