Wonk'd: What, No Stephanopoulos? Edition
Sightings of foul-mouthed reporters, evil geniuses and other famous-for-D.C. types are sent in by readers. Send yours to . In this issue: Sharpton, the Liebermans, Trading Spaces stars, Omarosa, Dole, Rove, Carlson, Koppel.
• Saw Al [Sharpton] last week [6/4] at National Airport before a flight to LaGuardia. He and his wife were getting smoothies, he ordered Strawberry Banana.
• Saw Joe and Hadassah Lieberman at the Georgetown Freshfields (on Wisconsin Avenue) on Thursday evening, June 10th. The senator was in heavy casual mode (blue jeans and a blue polo shirt), and they looked to be doing some comparison shopping.
• Famous for DC sighting last night [6/15] at Sushi-Ko in Glover Park - sat right next to Doug and Hildy, designers from TLC's trading spaces ... I say famous for DC in that my boyfriend had no idea we were dining near famous cable-tv stars.
• Viewing of "Control Room" at Shirlington art-y house cinema [6/19], spotted both Brian Lamb and Gawker's Henry the Intern.
• Ok -- this is totally not even cool enough for our interns to care about but for two weekdays [6/21, 6/22] in a row now the personification of evil known as Omarosa has been over at the DNC. I don't know why she is here, but I wish she would go away because her perfume makes our office smell bad.
• At 9:25 this morning (Thursday, 6/24), I saw Bob Dole leaving an office building and getting into a car on the 1300 block of G Street. He was accompanied by another white man in a suit. The Senator looked trim, well and happy, and taller than I expected.
• Last night [6/24] at about 8:30, my girlfriend and I were having dinner at La Chaumiere in Georgetown when we had an unpleasant encounter with Karl Rove. The restaurant has a covered entranceway and we had stepped out there with our cocktails to have a cigarette. She was on one side of the entrance and I on the other when I leaned over to give her a kiss. Just then, two men walking double-time came right toward us under the awning. Startled, I pulled back and they barreled right between us and into the restaurant. The guy in front was Rove. Apparently realizing he had interrupted our kiss, he made a quip over his shoulder, “Recapture the moment!”... Somehow, we were unable...
• Tucker Carlson at 12:15 a.m. [6/25] Fahrenheit 911 show in Georgetown.
• He's barely a celebrity, but I count this as a most auspicious time to be sighting him, given that Cheney shot off his potty mouth in public again yesterday: Adam Clymer, National Press Club Reliable Source restaurant, Friday June 25, 12:30-ish. He was having a martini with his lunch, although I couldn't tell the dish.
• Ted Koppel lunching outdoors at High Noon (19th & M) in today's [6/29] fabulous weather. He was with a friend and looked very relaxed and happy.