Wonk'd: You Go. Really, Go.
Multiple DCCapitolFileStyle parties and the premier of a Clooney movie provided a little more star power than usual to the scene. Sightings of bonafide stars, arrested activists, and potential presidential candidates are sent in by readers. Send yours to . In this issue: Judd, Hawke, Strathairn, Clooney, Boggs, Washington, Sheehan, Clinton.
• Luminous cover girl Ashley Judd being glided through the party by protective publisher Jason Binn at the Capitol File pre-launch party at the Watergate Hotel (9/15). Also 9/15, dirty hottie Ethan Hawke on the prowl at the Indebleu VIP room.
• Went to the screening of the Edward R. Murrow biopic, "Good Night, and Good Luck" at the Regal Cinemas at Gallery Place. After the film David Strathairn, who plays Murrow, co-producer/co-writer Grant Heslov, the man-bat himself, George Clooney (who directed, co-wrote, and plays Fred Friendly), and I think Josh Silver from Free Press had a Q&A, which was surprisingly not that agitating. The best quote: Clooney on the fact that there is no one like Murrow today: "If Bill O'Reilly is the most trusted man in America, then we're all fucked."
• In line with Capitol File's take on DC as "fun and sexy", I offer you the following weekday sightings from Smith & Wollensky Wine Week: Fun: Uber-DC lobbyist and brother of ABC's Cokie Roberts, Tommy Boggs and his posse holding court, smoking stogies and chaming the ladies at the marquee patio table on Wednesday. Sexy: A gorgeous Denzel Washington exiting into a waiting limousine last Monday.
• I saw Cindy Sheehan around 10:30 this morning (9/22) walking into the Filene's near Metro Center. I didn't notice her at first because her boyfriend's lovely Califreakintastic tee shirt distracted me but my coworker recognized her, as she has set up camp outside of his apartment building.
• Despite the fact that I’m much more prone to be excited by a Jenna or Karl sighting, spotting Hillary Clinton getting out of her towncar this morning was still pretty hot. She’s smaller than I expected (as evidenced by the tight pants of her blue suit), and was sporting some earrings that were either an “I’m really sorry I banged another intern” gift from Bill or some EXCELLENT Kenneth Jay Lane fakes. They caught the 9:30am sunlight that well, especially when she turned to give a thumbs-up to a woman who leaned out of her car window to shout “You GO girl!!!”