Wonkette Games: Let's All Play The GOP's New Friendship Quiz Together!
The RNC is considering making all Republican politicians take a ten-question Ronald Reagan-themed purity test! According to Daily Intel, "If someone disagrees with three or more of the policies, the resolution's supporters want to withhold party money and endorsement. The 80 percent threshold comes from a famous Reagan quote: 'The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally — not a 20 percent traitor.'" Valid, but: Couldn't Michael Steele have also, in theory, said those words in that order? So it's unfair to call it a "Reagan" quote when, technically speaking, it's potentially a Michael Steele quote. See,here's your credit baby! Anyway, let's play Michael Steele's new politics quiz game, right now!
Say, aloud, whether you agree or disagree. No cheating, no go-backsies:
(1) Smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill
(2) Market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare
(3) Market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation
(4) Workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check
(5) Legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants
(6) Victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges
(7) Containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat
(8) Retention of the Defense of Marriage Act
(9) Protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion
(10) The right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership