campaigns computers crime cuba duke cunningham FIDEL CASTRO florida george allen guns iran journalism katherine harris macaca mahmoud ahmadinejad racism wal-mart week in review
Wonkette's Week in Review: We Love The Smell Of Ignorant Bigotry In The Morning
- Racism Week started with a bang as George Allen decided there aren't enough good derogatory terms for brown skinned people and blurted out "Macaca," in reference to an opponent's campaign staffer. We spent some time trying to figure out what the fuck that even meant, but as usual it's Wonkette readers who have the final say.
- They don't have to invent new racist words in Florida, as congressional candidate Tramm Hudson demonstrates with his "blacks don't know how to swim" story.
- In the business world, unlike politics, giving an interview where you claim, "Jews, Arabs, and Koreans" rip off black shoppers will actually get you canned.
- Only a few more months of Katherine Harris's antics are left, so get it while you can.
- Duke Cunningham has fallen far. So far, in fact, that he's begun taking criminal pointers from The Big Lebowski.
- Even at the top, journalism is about selfless sacrifice in the name of news.
- Local basketball hero Lonny Baxter "practices shooting" in DC, ends up in the slammer.
- Yes, Fidel Castro is still alive, and he's as fashionable as ever.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad started blogging this week. So far, posts are what you'd expect. "Death to Israel" and "When is Vista really coming out?" kind of stuff.