Your Daily Blackwater Schadenfreude Update
Whoo! So much Blackwater news coming so fast and so furiously down the pike today! We know you don't have time to sit around reading all the stories about America's favorite ragtag band of mercenaries -- especially if you're in Iraq, where you could be shot by a Blackwater contractor at any moment! -- so, after the jump, we have a hand bullet-point summary of the hot, hot soldier-of-fortune action.
- The Iraqi government is finally getting around to drafting a law that will put foreign contractors under Iraqi jurisdiction.
- But it seems that the prospect of putting Blackwater contractors in Iraqi jails doesn't excite the Iraqi government as much as you might think. Instead, they just want them out of the country altogether.
- However it goes down, the State Department's security chief sure as hell isn't going to stick around to deal with it.
- As things get shittier for Blackwater, its PR people are trying to rally grass-roots support in the hopes that Americans will learn all the good things about these roving bands of unaccountable gun-toting maniacs.
- Like, for instance, there are also Australian and British mercenary firms killing Iraqi civilians!
- And those four Blackwater dudes who got lynched in Fallujah? Totally not Blackwater management's fault!
- Finally, the thoughtful conservatives over at Redstate are as usual saying what we're thinking. And apparently what we're thinking is that "while the safety of Iraqi civilians is important, the safety of our personnel is even more important."
And on that note, dear reader, your guest editor signs off. Enjoy the comic stylings of Princess Sparkle Pony for the rest of the week, and be nice to Jim and John!
Blackwater: Fallujah Deaths Unavoidable [Redstate]