50 Richest Members of Congress List Winner Worth $294 Million!
Roll Call published its annual list of the 50 richest members of Congress, a pleasant regular reminder to voters that the halls of government are filled sloppy with rich folk who have subzero personal incentive beyond the mental exercise of "imagining what it feels like to be poor" to write our nation's rules. Here are the top ten!
- Rep. Michael McCaul (R) - $294.2 million
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R) - $220.4 million
- Sen. John Kerry (D) - $193 million
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D) - $81.6 million
- Sen. Mark Warner (D) - $76.3 million
- Rep. Jared Polis (D) - $65.9 million
- Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D) - $55 million
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D) - $52.9 million
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D) - $45.3 million
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (R) - $44.2 million