America Remembers Alberto
We should give Alberto Gonzales credit where credit is due: Nobody else could've made America look back at John Ashcroft's tenure and say, "Well, he wasn't so bad after all." Anyway, now Gonzo is gone (or will be, next month, unless he lied about that, too) and the 3% of Americans who even knew who he was and can gather around the virtual fireside chat or whatever and make incoherent, inane comments on CNN's political blog The state of our union is strong!
* this is just smoke to throw off people's attention at wuts really goin on in the world
* I think it's sad that the most visable representative for the nation's fastest growing minority group has fallen under such conspicuous circumstances. His memory will be one of shame, even though he is clearly trying to act in the best interests of his boss. Perhaps this will be a lesson to the current administration, that they can not promote themselves above the law, and that they will be held accountable when they do.
* I think it's about time. This is not about him being hispanic. It's about lying, and manipulating, and owning up to what you do.
* THIS IS WAY OVERDUE... Probably will be replaced by another lying idiot.
* just another case of someone not being able to do their job because of being deemed guilty without any proof-it is a sad commentary on where we stand as a nation-no unity, just jealousy and backstabbing.
* ONCE AGAIN THE DEMOCRATS ARE HAPPY TO ACCEPT ANOTHER RESIGNATION INSTEAD OF PROBING DEEPER INTO THE ABUSES THAT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION HAS INFLICTED ON OUR PEOPLE AND OUR CONSTITUTION. GONZALEZ'S RESIGNATION AS WELL AS THOSE OF RUMSFELD,ROVE, WOLFOWITZ AND THE REST OF THIS GANG ARE AKIN TO NIXON'S RESIGNATION. RESIGNATION IS THE ESCAPE HATCH TO AVOID PROSECUTION AND SAVE BUSH AND HIS ADMINISTRATION FROM BEING PROBED FOR SECRETLY SERVING HIS OWN INTEREST INSTEAD OF THE INTEREST OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
* Without an attorney general doesn't it make it easier for the executive branch to declare marshal law?
* Surely a bad decision for Alberto to go so soon....also for the American people. We know that we HAD a true leader in deception, a staunch believer in "the Book of Petro". But DO we KNOW the next AG? Chertoff is likely. A master in listening and other (!) devices. A star creep in a bad 1950 horror movie. New Bush era?? Nope, a better (read: tightly closed) set of constraints for everyone ahead. Finally they have learned something from Moscow: crowd control!
* Now if Mr. Ted Kennedy, Mr. Reid, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Jefferson and Mrs. Pelosi would resign and move to Fort Leavenworth Kansas, then mayby the congress could get on with important business. The congress is there to make laws to help govern this country, not to try to tear it down. That is what the democratic party is all about.
* Now if Mr. Ted Kennedy, Mr. Reid, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Jefferson and Mrs. Pelosi would resign and move to Fort Leavenworth Kansas, then mayby the congress could get on with important business.
The congress is there to make laws to help govern this country, not to try to tear it down. That is what the democratic party is all about.
* I think people are too quick to jump in a critize harshly. The realities of life are not as clear cut of Black and White as we would like them to be. Politics is a dirty game by nature (Human Nature that is) and as with any other job, people have to follow orders and be team players. Don't be so quick to blame the VP without first looking at the CEO's involvement.
Your thoughts on Gonzales' resignation [CNN Ticker]