Breaking: Henry Kissinger Still Evil
New York mag has a lengthy profile of Henry Kissinger. What we learned:
* Henry Kissinger is short, has a deep voice.
* Henry Kissinger is a sycophant.
* Henry Kissinger is very charming.
* Henry Kissinger has lots of rich Manhattan liberal media friends.
* Henry Kissinger is BFF with John "WALLNUTS!" McCain.
* We miss Peter Jennings, if only for the occasional stories like this:
Four years ago, Barbara Walters, who calls Kissinger "the most loyal friend," was entertaining Kissinger and his wife at a dinner party for a D.C. politician when ABC News anchor Peter Jennings, who died last year, suddenly piped up, "How does it feel to be a war criminal, Henry?"
Henry was sooooo hurt he didn't even answer, and all the other guests couldn't believe some Canadian would be so rude as to question their good friend on totally unfounded charges of an entire life of deception and war.
Seymour Hersh has the second-best quote: "He lies like most people breathe."
And, finally, Kissinger tries for the last word:
"At the age of 84," he says, with a twinkle in his eye, "what great ambitions can I have?"
Henry Kissinger, as the piece points out, is 83. Also, deeply, deeply evil.